Alright, I'll do another update of the week. This will be week 3, and a week two mention. XD Cuz I forgot to do a number 2. lol
Week 2: Went well. :D I got to meet my intern teacher, I really started getting ahead in at least one class, and it was just a good week, culminating in the joy of a received postcard! (Now I just need to write back.
Alright, now onto this week. It's only Wednesday, but I'm in the mood to write, whether anyone reads this or not is not my problem. Sunday was a regular Sunday, then there was Monday, which dragged on FOREVER, although we did get out of my three hour class like 30 minutes early.... woohoo?
Tuesday, I had a class, which was boring, all besides our practicum, where we spend 45 minutes working with the kids on reading. THAT was fun. :) We played getting to know each other games, and had a blast! The two kids me and my partner are working with are SLD/ELL students. So they're about the bottom of the class, but it'll really give me a different perspective on reading, and knowing people that don't like to read. Then I had institute, which was awesome! (It's always awesome. Bro. Calton rocks!) Then I had work, and I worked for a little bit before going to drill team practice. Yeah...... we sucked. Eventually we threw in the towel because we kept getting worse and worse. :S But overall, not a bad day.
Today, I had a class (It was short. YAY!) Then I went straight to interning. I could so far seriously see myself sticking with 5th/6th grade. I don't know their names yet, but they're all so awesome. I loved my 2nd graders, but I think I like older better. :) I didn't really do much, but it was fun. :) I gave a little about me poster, and the kids had TONS of questions. The teacher finally had to say that they need to remember their questions and ask me later when they had a minute, because they had to work on other stuff. So I had fun, and I get to go back tomorrow morning. :) How exciting! Then I again went to work. (It seems like I'm always going going going. Why is that?) Work was alright. I did my job... mostly. :S I'm going to get more of my stuff done on Friday, when it's cooler in the morning. Then I came home from work, and got to work getting ahead on homework. :) Eventually, I hope to be very ahead on homework, only having to do major projects instead of the little weekly things. So so far, it's going pretty well. :D
I don't know why, but I feel more relaxed, a little more confident, and a lot happier this semester. Granted, it's only the 4th week, but it's a good start, right? I'm learning my kids' names, and I LOVE working with my interning teacher. If I ever wanted to emulate a teacher in my future, she would definitely be one of the top ones on my list. She's amazing, enthusiastic, and the kids seem to really love her. :) She's awesome.
Anyways, I will end this post for tonight. Hopefully I will get part 2 up on Saturday or Sunday, and I hope everyone has a truly wonderful week! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment