Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rejoicing in Hope


SO.... It's been forever and I still haven't posted about any of the things I've wanted to. This post is dedicated to my Stake Relief Society Women's Conference that we had February 19th.

Let me just start off by saying it was AMAZING!!!

I've been in my ward for 8 months now, and I'm still learning who people are, so me going to a stake event was slightly daunting. I didn't know how many people I would know, but the ladies pull through. :) There was always a nice comment when I felt like I was odd one out. They really worked to help everyone learn a lot!

The first class I went to was about Marriage. And there were some good points in it. (I'd write down things verbatim, but that would require getting up, and I don't want to right now. lol) Basically, date nights are good, communication is essential, and staying true to the covenants we made is what will keep us together forever.

My second class was with Bro. Cochran (sp???). Recommended to my by Kara, who had him for a seminary teacher. He did an excellent job! His topic was on teaching, and he definitely has a gift for being a teacher. It was an interesting class, and I hope I can use the 7 things he taught us when I teach so that I can be better.

My last class, and by far the most popular one, was a class on Hope. We looked at qualities of hope in the same way a jeweler looks at the quality of a diamond. Hope is not just wishful thinking. It's real, and being in that class gave me so much hope that no matter what happens here on earth, we just need to do the best we can, and we can live with our Father in Heaven again.

Our last class was followed by lunch with the amazing chicken salad stuff on croissant bread. YUM!!!!! I wish I had taken a picture. I do have a picture of the butterfly cookie (which dyed everyone's teeth. LOL)


And yes, it really was that blue! I don't know why they would do that to us, but they did! lol

While we ate, we were given another little lesson on body image and how we do and should feel about ourselves. It was full of interesting things. Did you know that a model in the 30's was 5'8" and about 132 pounds? Today, the average model is about 5'11" and 110 pounds. That's 3 inches taller and more than 20 pounds lighter! The two ladies that put it together did an amazing job! And for those of you in the Mesa Arizona Lehi Stake, you might know April M. My eyes were definitely opened during their talk, and I very much want to be happier with who I am physically. We can't have greyhound legs if we're a dachshund. Then we wouldn't be ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! The things that we need to be reminded about huh?
    And that is sickening about the models. Makes me nervous for what the world will be like when I'm raising daughters. It's gonna be that much harder to teach them about body image and such!

    ReplyDelete