Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Subbing

I've had a total of 3 jobs so far. Not very many, but I guess it's my own fault. And now that it's Spring Break, I really can't do much about it.

My second job was in 2nd grade. (Appropriate, right? lol) I was nervous going in, because the only experience I've had with 2nd grade was in my first semester in the Elementary Ed block. That was like 2 years ago! It all went fine, but I don't know if I could teach them everyday! "So-and-so said this to me." "He looked at us funny." "She looked at so-and-so's book and laughed."

Why do they feel a need to tattle? I guess I was spoiled in 5th grade. And they also can't sit still and all want to offer input at the same time. Cute kids, but definitely not my cup of tea!




My third job was my favorite!!! :D That's because I was back in my class that I student taught in! The teacher asked me that morning if I could sub for her, and of course I said yes! The kids were very excited to see me. I went to pick them up from the playground that morning, and all 24 that were in line through their hands in the air and yelled "Mrs. Lee!" I guess they were just a little excited. lol

It was good times. I could tell I was a little out of practice with teaching, but it was still fun! I'm so glad I was able to sub for them.


I miss teaching every day, but it's been pretty nice not having to focus so much on it. In the program, with all of the stuff I had to do, I was burnt out. But now I think I'm getting more energized and hopefully I can get a job in the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment