Friday, March 25, 2011

Thoughts

Okay, I usually steer clear of politics or anything controversial, because I was once attacked for stating what I believe or think about politics. (I avoid pretty much all politics now.)


I read an article today that really struck a nerve with me. I was going to post on Facebook, but that was where I was attacked last time. So instead I'll post here where no one really reads what I write.

(Article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_target_lawsuit)


I don't understand the way people think. People that are for something (it doesn't matter what) and talk to others about tolerance, for the most part seem to turn around not be tolerant and think that they're right and everyone else is wrong. They want to drag everyone down if they can't be given freedom to do whatever the heck they want. It's all over the place today.

Target has goals to keep its shoppers safe and free from talks or attacks by solicitors outside the stores. A certain group (you'll know if you read the article) is outside some of their stores soliciting. Target asks them to stop because they've received complaints about it. The group doesn't and tells Target off because they have what they believe is a right to tell everyone about their message.

Now, the group says that their people are trained to be friendly and polite. Target argues that people feel like they've been attacked. Two sides to the same story. There always are. So who's right? I think they both are. The people may be trained. Target shoppers may have been attacked. For the most part, I really think they both are right. Many of the people are probably nice and just trying to get information out. I'm also sure there are many that get overzealous in their pursuit, thus causing people to feel attacked.



So, my moral is:

Practice what you preach. If you want respect and tolerance for what you believe, then you better be darn sure that is what you're giving. If anyone feels attacked, I can guarantee they're not going to listen to you or what you have to say.


/EndRant

No comments:

Post a Comment