I was the last one to find out about my grandpa and his wife preparing for and putting their papers in to go on a mission. I feel like I never know when anything is happening, either.
Maybe I'm supposed to learn something from this, but whenever I plan anything, or whenever I want to do something, it either doesn't happen (most of the time) or goes terribly wrong.
I don't know what happened. Maybe I wasn't as "in the loop" as I thought I was before, and now I'm just realizing the reality of it all. Whatever it is, it still kind of hurts.
After you get married it happens. Mostly because you're not living at home anymore, you're no longer single, and no longer of interest to people that you used to be. It sucks but apparently it's part of life and then you gotta shove yourself into other loops. It sucks I agree and it does hurt.
ReplyDeleteIt happened to me too when I got married. It still happens to me from my family sometimes. I think the key is that you (and me) have to make an effort to be actively engaged in being part of your family. It also helps to find other married couples who feel the same way. Time to make new friends... and remember that your single friends will one day be married too and then they will look to you for the support you are now looking for in others.
ReplyDeleteI'm not married yet. I did move out of my parents house, and it happens to me too! I agree with the above statements when they say you've gotta kinda push yourself into it. It's not everyone else's responsibility to keep you posted on life. You've gotta be asking about it.
ReplyDeleteMaybe it's also part of being an adult? Life is busy, people make mistakes and forget to tell people certain information. (I'm guilty).
I LOVE being around you, though :) I love it when I'm feeling awake too...unlike last night, or all Wednesday nights I see you--for that matter. I usually feel bad for hanging out with people when I'm utterly exhausted, because I know I'm not all that fun to be around. If you ever get the impression that I don't like hanging out with you...it's false. I'm just tired. :)
Love your face.