Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Proposal...

Soo..... I have big news!!!


I'm engaged!!! To my boyfriend and best friend, E. Jason Lee!

I'm sure you all want to hear.... or I guess technically read..... about what happened, so here we go!

Thursday was a really long day. After my family science night, Jason came swooping in on the Apache Helicopter he helped build that morning. He picked me up at my house and whisked me away to a tiny island out in the middle of the Pacific, where he had set up a beautifully arranged picnic meal on a blanket. We ate the meal and were sitting watching the stars beginning to appear, when he pulled it out of thin air, like a magician. It was a ring of white gold, a large, round, solitaire diamond, surrounded by a twist of smaller diamonds. And after staring longingly into my eyes, he asked me "Will you marry me?"


Alright...... So I took some liberty. lol Okay.... That is so not even how it happened. I think it ended up being perfect how he asked me, though. Perfect and simple.

Here's the real story:


It had really been a long Thursday. After the family science night I had to go to, I met him at his house to talk about some stuff. We had cleared everything up, eaten food, and were resting on couch, relaxing and trying to destress. I had just gotten up to go into the kitchen and came to sit back down. He had jumped up, I noticed. After settling back down, I had my arms crossed across my stomach and was just resting with my eyes closed. He moved his arm, so I asked him if he was okay. He said yeah, he just had an itch. So we sat there for a little while longer. He held my left hand in his hands, and slipped the ring onto my finger. I opened my eyes and looked up at him with the expression of "Really? Is this for real?" on my face. He looked at me and asked "Will you marry me?" I paused momentarily before answering "Yes!" He asked me 3 more times that night, each time taking the ring off so that he could put it back on. He continues to ask me, each time in a slightly different way.

I love him with all my heart! He helps me see things about myself that I don't realize, and because of it, I can work on becoming a better person. It feels right being with him.

I love him! <3

3 comments:

  1. Yay! That is so cute! Had you guys talked about it or was it a total surprise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had talked about it, so I knew it was coming. :) I just didn't know when or how.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, I was believing every minute of that first story! That sure tells how persuasive the author is. :)

    Congratulations!! I couldn't be happier for you. I'm so so happy that you have found a person to share your life with.

    p.s. in case you forgot...you get to go through the temple! I am pretty envious of you.

    ReplyDelete