I don't know if you've seen or heard about the movie What About Bob?, but it's a movie about this man with an entire range of problems from hating leaving his house to extreme germaphobe. Over the course of the movie, he learns something from his psychologist.... or psychiatrist..... whichever. Well, the name of the book that is the basis of his changing is called "Baby Steps". Hence, the title of this post.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3JPa2mvSQ4&NR=1
I have a habit of biting off more than I can chew. Or even when I bite off just enough, my mind expands it into something undoable. It goes into freak out mode before shutting down. Stressful? Yes. Hurtful? Most likely.
My current goal? Take things one step at a time. Jason is really going to be helping me with this, and I love him all the more for it. So, my baby steps for tomorrow? Make two phone calls. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Can I do it? You better believe I can! And not only can, I WILL do it!
Plans completed today:
- Set up appointment for getting my endowment from the temple
- Sat with Jason and picked out what we wanted for the announcements
- Made chocolate cake (Not necessarily plans, but it was very stress relieving. ;D hehe)
Plans for tomorrow:
- Call Dr. and see if there are any earlier appointments
- Call and see if the sealer is available to seal us on July 7th.
I can do it!!! Baby steps is all I need to take!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment