I have three main ones, and a lot of littler ones. My main three are the ones I'm definitely going to work on to make happen!
In no particular order, here they are:
* Clean my room - I know that sounds very "childish" or like a teenager's goal, but there's so much behind it. I have my own room in the house. My "Courtney cave" or art cave or whatever I want to call it. As soon as it's clean, I'll be able to work on art, practice my violin (when I get it back from my sister who's borrowing it), sing, etc. It's my room, and I can do what I want in it! I just need to clean it first. lol I'm very glad I've been getting the boxes out of there. Started with probably 20 boxes stacked, down to 4 all sitting on the floor. :D
* Publish Garnet - I've been in contact with the company. It's a joint venture, I will be supplying the money from what I make (working to pay it off). I am currently deciding what I want to do before I send it all in. Do I want to take one more run through and print it all out and edit it, or just send it in as it is? I really have no clue yet. But I need to decide soon so I can fulfill this goal.
* Read scriptures daily (and discuss) - I lack communication skills, so that's to help me communicate, but it's also to get me back into the scriptures. I have slacked off in reading them. I used to be good at every day reading, but something happened and I've backed off a lot.
So those are my three main goals. Some of my other goals include:
-getting in shape (round doesn't count for this) especially since we're doing a trek in June. Definitely want toned legs.
-Better about planning meals in advance.
-Practice my art skills (dependent on the clean room)
Hope everyone else has goals they're working towards!
Coming up:
-House sitting
-Story update
-First subbing job (when I get it)
-Hiking
I am with you on clean my room. Sometimes things just pile up especially when you have to unpack. I also need to add read my scriptures.
ReplyDeletewriteitinlipstick.blogspot.com
I definitely remember helping you clean your room one time! :)
ReplyDeleteA fun thing I do with my scrip. reading is make a mini-lesson or talk with the verses or chapter read--makes it more meaningful. And sometimes I may or may not actually talk out loud...to make sure it all makes sense.
...what can I say? I'm a teacher.
Your goals are definitely good ones! Stick to 'em! :)
^I just realized how selfish that post sounded. Sorry! That wasn't the intention.
ReplyDeleteI should start counting the number of times I use the word "I".
Current count: 8 {yikes}