This week has been crazy! Between school, work, starting my costume, drill team performance, Conference, and everything else, it's been SOOOOO super busy.
Monday was class day..... all day, super boring, like always. :S Well, not the middle of the day, really, but most of it was pretty dull.
Tuesday was class, where I butchered my first lesson plan for practicum, but I guess it's alright, since it's practice. Then I went and enjoyed a lovely Institute lesson, followed by heading to work for a few hours. Then, we had drill practice, which was our dress rehearsal. We did pretty well. :) All those weeks of practice were paying off!
Wednesday, I was supposed to have class, but my teacher emailed out sick. :S Sooo... I spent the morning preparing for interning, and went and interned, followed by work, where I got to see Mary's puppy Kai, which I helped feed while he was still a very little puppy. (He's not so little anymore. XD He's 9 weeks old and 14 ish pounds. Definitely German Shepherd in him.) After work, I went home and did homework.... woohoo! *rolls eyes*
Thursday was interning morning. I got to my class a little earlier than I have gotten there so far. We spent the first hour in the morning doing math and something else, and then we got down to business with presentations. So we watched those until lunch, and then watched them a little more after lunch, until I had to leave. I went to institute, where we had another wonderful lesson. After that, I headed back to the school for my Thursday class, which was fun! In then went home and started working on my Halloween costume, because I wanted to wear it this Thursday (the 8th) at their Carnival. I cut out all the pieces from the material.
Friday, I was supposed to have class, but my teacher was still sick, did not send out an email, so we were sitting in class when someone came and told us it was canceled. So, I went to work, where I was there for several hours doing random stuff, until I decided to leave, cuz I ran out of things to do. I got home and found out that I didn't have to give the horse I was riding a bath until the next day, so I spent the night working on sewing the pieces together. And I got it almost all done! For the blue part, at least. The white part will be done by Halloween, but most likely not by Thursday. It's looking pretty awesome! ^_^
Saturday was BUSY!! I got up at 5:30, got dressed, headed over to Sam's house, where we were picked up by Brett Biggs and Krista Schwan to take us down to Horseshoe park in Queen Creek for our drill performance. We got there at 7:10, and started getting ready for our practice run. After which, we practiced for another little bit, before getting ready to perform. We were to perform at 2:10, so we had a ways to go. We talked and got the horses ready, and about an hour before, we started to really get ready. The horses were stenciled with glitter, their hooves were glittered, and we were saddling them up. Then we got our shirts on and we were ready to go, after taking pictures of each individual girl, and then group photos. :) We looked pretty snazzy! (Pics will come as soon as I get them.) We did WONDERFUL! Mary rated us at a 9, and Marilyn gave us an 8, but whoever the judges were, gave us a 9.5 (out of 10, we're assuming) for technical, execution, and presentation. So, when asked whether we won or not, Marilyn replied with a "Hands down". ^_^ It was sooo much fun seeing all the horses (like an 18 hand (72 ish inches, or 6') Gypsy Vanner and the maybe 5 hand (20" tall) miniature horses). I ended up getting sunburned. XD Darn sun. And I woke up this beautiful Sunday of General Conference morning, and had a crazy sore back and arms and legs.... so I'm pretty much sore all over. XD But it really was fun. And the stares we got as we were walking to and from the performance arena was awesome! We looked SNAZZY!
Anyways, I enjoyed conference, and got to play with my Grandpa and Bethsy's new puppy, which is STINKING CUTE! It's at least mostly chihuahua. Super cute, though! It's been a good day, and a pretty good week. I can't wait to finish my costume, and be able to wear it!
Good times!
(25 days)
No comments:
Post a Comment