Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dedication

Soooo... I said I would write this yesterday, but I didn't, so here it is today. :)

Our stake center, the one that burned down. It was almost 2 years ago that an arsonist entered the building and lit it on fire. In those two years, we have had wards in different buildings in different stakes, meetings at the Red Mountain Institute building, and so many tender mercies of the Lord.

A little over a year ago, in September, we had the ground breaking ceremony for our new stake center, and in that year, there have been continued miracles, and building.

And it has all culminated in this. I was a part of the choir that sang at the dedication. We sang a special number, and then Pres. Ahlstrom, our stake president, talked. He talked about when the call came, he talked about the miracles that happened, and told a couple of stories of objects from the original building that had been checked out from the library, other hymn books sent to be rebound, the building being as clean as it could be, and a page from Preach my Gospel that hadn't been completely destroyed in the fire. It was an amazing talk. Sadly, it was accentuated by a boy being carried out by his dad, who then puked, all over the brand new carpet.

Following Pres. Ahlstrom, the speaker, and general authority to dedicate the building, was Elder. David Lesuer. He did a wonderful job, and it was a sweet experience. The closing song was Hymn #2, The Spirit of God. Usually the Hosanna chorus is reserved for temple dedications, but our choir was privileged to sing it, and we sounded awesome.

It was a wonderful experience. I only wish that James could have been there to attend it. But he will be home soon enough. :) (9 days today)

Oh how the Lord blesses us, and I believe that with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment