So, I recently sent in my story "Garnet" to 2 different publishers. Dorrance and Strategic Publishing.
Dorrance is a self-publishing institution, which means I would have to pay for the bulk of it and not get much back in the form of royalties. (The cost was 10 + k.) It was a little expensive for what I wanted. So I put my search on hold for a little while. I just went on with my life, going to work and doing what I normally do.
Even more recently (like 2 weeks ago tops), I sent a request to Strategic Publishing, asking them to consider my book. (I don't even know how I found out about them.) Well, the asked me to send a copy, and then I got the response a day or 2 ago. They are offering to publish "Garnet" through a Joint Venture. From what I understand, that means they pay for some stuff, i pay for some stuff. The cost: 895 dollars. That's a heck of a lot less than for Dorrance. The royalty I get back they say would be 50%.
So right now, I'm wondering if I should go through with it. I mean, i really want to see my story in print, and maybe even make a little bit of money. But I'm just not sure right now. I'm hoping I figure it out in the next day or so, since I need to decide pretty quickly.
Anyways, wish me luck!
Definitely publish it Courtney!! If you can, DO IT!!
ReplyDelete