Sunday, November 29, 2009

Chatting, parties, and a date

Alright, so I know so much has happened in the past like 2 weeks. It's crazy! Not only do I have less than 2 weeks of school left, things are just going crazy.

Alana and Derek Funkhouser are officially dating now. They are a couple. Together. Boyfriend/Girlfriend.... lol Still a little weird to think about, but w/e. hehe

Anyways, onto the stories that everyone wants to hear. XD

James has been home for like 3 weeks now. In those three weeks, we've talked on the phone, probably 3 or 4 times. (2 or 3 of them were me calling. XD) I don't call people. At all, so me calling him is pretty big. We mostly would chat about how are days had been, a little bit of mission stuff and whatnot. Just fun friendly stuff. :)

The next step was getting together. So, Alana and I threw a party. We had about 30 people show up. It was pretty fun. ^_^ James and I talked and played the wii and did DDR and talked and ate M&Ms and things. hehe Overall, super fun night! Best part of the night was him asking me on a date. Not the fancy, extravagant way that high schoolers like to ask. It was to the point and to my face. With a somewhat minor interruption by the Soward brothers. XD And of course, I said yes.

Soooooo........... Where is all this leading you may ask? Well, our date was Saturday night. (Last night, technically. ;>) Now, you may be wondering what happened. So I'm gonna tell you. We started off by going to In-N-Out, which I have never eaten at before. It was pretty fun. We ordered, talked some, got our food, talked some more about almost everything: his mission, Hungarian money, the roads in Hungary, life in general, random discussion on fruits vs veggies (which led to me telling him about "flying saucer" squashes), which then led to drawing on some paper I have, and it was super fun. :D After a 2 hour dinner at a fast food restaurant, we went to the temple grounds, to look at the lights. I said that it looked so sparkly because of the lights, and he said "just like you". Which made me giggle. So we walked around, saw Rex and Paige and talked to them, talked to an elder that was serving in my ward at one point, and after we had been all around, we went into the visitor center, because it had been a while since he had gone in it. (About two years. XD) And as we walked around, we saw Daniel Button, so we stopped and talked to him for a while. Then we went to look around some more before the visitor center closed, so we quickly looked at the nativity scenes, which were a mix of cute, cultural, and colorful. I LOVED IT! hehe After that, we headed back to the car and we were thinking about what to do next. "This was as far as I had planned" was what he said. I gave some options that had been suggested by a friend. I suggested going and getting hot chocolate, or going back to my house and getting some. He chose to come back to my house, so that's what we did. We had hot chocolate, watched some Brian Regan videos, and chatted some more (we were always chatting and laughing). We talked with my parents for a bit, and he was leaving just as Alana and Derek were getting back from their date thing. So he left, after we hugged. :) It was honestly one of the best, most simple, least expensive dates ever! :D I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!

And hopefully he'll come to the institute choir fireside thing tonight. :D I'm so looking forward to singing! :D I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!


Anyways, that's the update for anyone that cares. ;) I'll hopefully update pretty regularly, but we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. I am such a good friend! ;) Hahahahahaha ok I'm not really that conceited I promise! I'm so glad you guys had fun! I told you the hot chocolate completes the night ;)

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY! I want more story, it has been like 3 more weeks. Tell us more please =)

    ReplyDelete