Anyways..... Graduation. WAIT. I forgot to write about something in my previous post. XD Alright, quickly: So, it was AP testing. We were doing, I think the English or Government AP test, and we finished, so a group of us went to my house where we hung out during lunch. (We had more than an hour, so it was doable for once. lol) So, there was James, me, Kayde, Andrew and a few others (sorry I don't remember who) and we had eaten lunch and were just sitting in the living room, relaxing after the test. Somehow we found these bunny and velcro catchers from Easter in the room, so we started chucking them at each other, and it was way fun. ^_^
Alright..... back to Graduation.
So, we did the whole graduation thing (if I had had a phone, you better believe I would have been texting the entire time. It was SOOOOOOO boring.) Anyways, we all got our diplomas and threw our hats in the air and were happy to be done. So, I go to find people I knew while I waited for my family to get on the field. James was the first person I found, and we tried to find other people that we knew. He ran into his family, and while he talked with them for a minute, I got up on one of the chairs to look for my family. He came and stood next to me, and I believe his mom got a picture of me, for once, being taller than him. lol I don't have the picture, but hopefully when he gets back I can get a copy of some of the pics his family took at graduation. lol Then we found Kayde and Noelle and chatted until we found my family. My mom wanted to get pics of us, so we did. We did a "Charlie's Angels" pose. XD It was great.
So, I went home and finished the day. The next day was my Graduation party. Woohoo! Friends and family! I got a lot of presents. This laptop that I'm writing on is one of them. ^_^ Although, I'm kinda bummed about my stupid laptop. ¬.¬ I will write about that later, though.
Anyways, so everyone starts showing up. James, Andrew, and Kayde were the friends that showed up. We had Panda Express. It's kind of embarrassing, but James comes in, and my mom asks him to get something from a high shelf in the cupboard. Anyways, we get to opening presents, and I'm just being silly. Anyways, we totally finish the activities, and then my extended family starts to leave, until it's just me and my friends and immediate family. We took lots of pics. XD Just silly ones figuring out the whole "mac" thing. James and I definitely flirted. (Ask Kayde. lol) I don't remember particulars, but I was just being silly like always. XD Finally my friends started leaving. James was the last to go. And that was the end of the party.
The next day was Andrew's and Kayde's parties. I went to both. ^_^ Andrew's was first. I got there, and it was me, Andrew, and his family. James was the next to show up. I texted Kayde telling her it was just the three of us and Andrew's family. This was Kayde's reply. “Well start flirting be there soon.” So that was fun. Kayde and I left early because we had her party, which I thoroughly enjoyed.
So James and I spent the summer emailing. When he got his call in June, he called me. ^_^ I remember it was a Thursday. I wasn't expecting a call, so I was shocked, but super happy. I went to his farewell talk. He did a wonderful job. It was kind of awkward after the sacrament meeting was over, though, because I didn't know if I was allowed to hug him or not. So, I had to settle for a handshake.
It's been tough since he left. I'm not going to lie. He's one of the best friends I have, and it's lasted far longer than any other friendship. I miss him, but I know he's doing the Lord's work, and the Lord is pleased with him. Letters are as good of communication as I've gotten with him. And the fact that he wasn't a big writer means that when I did get letters, I'm so much more excited for them.
I'm so proud of him for choosing to serve the Lord and sacrifice his time to serve. He's a great person and a good friend. I'm grateful that I have him as a friend.
Thanks for reading my 3 part story. lol Time flies, and missionaries come home before you know it. :) Just hang in there. If you do what the Lord wants, no matter how hard it is, or how it goes against what you want, everything will work out for the best. And I just try to keep that in mind. It really helps.
Love ya all!
Oh I know how it is. I've only gotten one letter from my missionary and that's it but I don't mind it at all. They're going to come back with so much more knowlegde of the gospel and we'll be able to hear the amazing stories. This is an experience for us too which will helps us grow aw well. Again Courtney I love you *hug*
ReplyDeleteBTW it was after the English AP test. Cuz I was with you guys after the Gov't one ;)
ReplyDelete*hug* Thanks Kaye! We'll all make it. :)
ReplyDelete(I just hope I make it through staying single. Cuz I think this guy likes me. lol)
And thanks, Ali. I knew it was one of them. lol
You were most definitely close though ;)
ReplyDeleteAnd I remember Andrew telling me all about the flirting of that night at parties ;) I was so proud (I did see some of it at Andrew's party). He finally learned how to flirt after high school hahahahahaha ;)
I just remembered something. Kayde may remember better. I think it was at my graduation party, and James pulled me on top of him. *blush* So out of character for him. lol *sigh* Good memories.
ReplyDeleteOh! I remember the story about that. Yes, james pulled you close. Mmmm. happy. It's so crazy how fast his two years came by. It's a good story dear. Ps, I was there at that lunch thing after the ap test. I'm excited for you to see him again--it will make your life such a joy. Have fun.
ReplyDeleteThanks Noelle. :)
ReplyDelete(I just have to make it to the end to see him again. lol I have no idea what the Lord has planned for me right now, and it makes it soooo confusing. :S)