Alright, so I decided to write about my first week in the program.
In short: I am overwhelmed.
From the beginning of the week:
Monday I had off due to MLK/Civil Rights' day or w/e it was. So I was happy to relax before my hectic school schedule started.
Tuesday, I had one academic class that got out way early. It was really cool, and I'm way excited to be working with that teacher some more! Institute was AMAZING!!! Of course, it always is, but Elder and Sister Chesley are seriously some of my favorite people! So I ended the night well. :D
Wednesday, I had Institute (Doctrine and Covenants 77 - 138 and Choir) and they were both amazing! Choir was HUGE! I've never seen the room that full before. And it will be nice to get to know a new teacher (Bro. Lewis for D&C). Then I had my academic class at Eisenhower Elementary, where I learned a little bit about what I'm going to do... AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! That's where I first started to get a bit overwhelmed. Lets see..... every week I need 6 hours of interning, 30 - 60 minutes of tutoring a student, and a whole bunch of projects. So... AAAAAHHHHH!!!!! Those are my major worries about the semester.
Thursday and Friday: Basically on these days I just worked. I did a few things at the clinic/for my supervisor, and the rest of the time I spent in storage (which isn't as cold anymore. Thank heavens!) having a party while I purged files. XD Then Friday night I had an investiture, where we got a little bit of information about the program, and it was kinda interesting. XD I happened to like it in a weird sort of way. (Especially since the principal of Jordan Elementary looked like he was having a blast reading the whistle directions.... which I will save for my next post. ;D)
Saturday: I spent AAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL DAY in one class. .... Alright, it was only 9 - 3 ish, but it felt like all day. And i missed a work get together thing, and was very sad. :'( But the class is interesting.... well, some parts. Other parts are just like "TMI TMI TMI!!!" I really wish I didn't know what kinds of legal issues there are with teachers/students/random stuff. Teachers really have to watch their back.
So, that was pretty much my first week of school. And I'm sure as I get things done I won't be quite as overwhelmed, but it's still a little unnerving for me. But just like for every other year so far, I'll make it through! Even if I get way stressed. And in the end, I hope it will all be worth it.
You have had a VERY busy week!! I am so excited for you... this is going to be a GREAT semester! You are going to learn so much!
ReplyDeleteInstitute sounds great too! Oh to be young and have the world at your feet! I love reading your blog!
I'm guessing you went through the Teachers and the Law class? That was so informative when I took it last semester. I feel for ya dearest. :) Hang in there, things will get a little less overwhelming as the semester moves along.
ReplyDelete