So, we had a family cruise to Alaska. We left from Seattle, WA and sailed north where we stopped at Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway, AK, and then had a final stop at Victoria, B.C., Canada before returning to Seattle.
It was a wonderful week long trip! It was very cold for me, although some days were better than others. I usually always had my heavy snow jacket with me, because I hate being cold. haha It seems like everyone was either seasick or really sick for at least part of the time, but we still managed to have a wonderful time!
Get ready for picture overload!!!! :)
 |
| Arriving in Seattle and getting on the ship. We're all so excited! (Also, Spencer decides to get a cloud tan.) |
 |
| Seattle skyline and then exploring Ketchikan, Alaska. Jason got attacked by the bear while it just smiled with my mom and Spencer. ;) |
 |
| More exploring of Ketchikan. It was cold and sometimes drizzled. We saw a waterfall, some totem poles, and went into Dolly's house on the boardwalk near the river. |
 |
| Saxman village. There were lots of totem poles. Yes, the Spencer one is in there twice. It's just SOOO cute! Also, Jason really wanted to do a motorcycle tour..... I said no. haha |
 |
| We got to float close to a glacier through a part of a fjord. (That's where a glacier cuts parts out of the mountain.) So we watched that, along with the floating ice. And we also played cards. I love the teamwork on this game of Go Fish! |
 |
| Driving to Mendenhall Glacier from Juneau, Alaska. Us girls walked with the adorable Spencer to the glacier. Kristen and Lala climbed up on a big rock to look at what someone put together in rocks. (It said God is Love.) |
 |
| Getting pictures at the base of a waterfall. (I didn't get any of Jason and myself on my phone, otherwise I would use that.) The glacier and waterfall were beautiful! And it was great to be with family! |
 |
| Our next stop was Skagway, AK. This was where Jason and I got to go horseback riding by ourselves! It was soooo much fun, but it was also VERY COLD AND WET. I didn't have very good shoes, so I had little toesicles. haha |
 |
| This was our dinners. We had three tables of family and friends in our own little corner. Spencer was very much the center of attention. He loved it! And because it was cold, I had LOTS of hot chocolate. By the end, they really didn't have to ask if Jason and I wanted hot chocolate with our dessert. haha |
 |
| This was celebrating Spencer's birthday at dinner one night. All the servers in the area came to sing to him. It was so much fun! And he loved the cake! haha Can you tell by the mess on the tablecloth and chair? |
 |
| Our last stop was Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. We saw a topiary orca, a street artist that did amazing work, a street with my name on it, and our servers from dinner. (They liked Spencer so much, that they asked to get a picture with him when they had their own cameras. haha |
Overall, the trip was a blast! I had so much fun, and it was a GREAT way to kick off the start of summer vacation!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment