Tuesday, June 28, 2011

His Hands

I was thinking last night, and I realized something.


Heavenly Father has been with me through everything. His hands have been very active in shaping my life.


Now, you may ask why I say that.

Let me give some context. For those of you that don't know, teaching is a hard career to get into. Not because the courses are hard, but there are so many teachers and so many jobs, and there are fewer jobs than teachers. With the budget cuts that have been going on, many teachers don't have jobs, and it's hard to find jobs that do exist.

Now, as to how I know Heavenly Father has been with me:

I student taught, like every other teaching candidate. I didn't try particularly hard to get a job. I didn't put in my application at 10 different districts. I didn't sub every day at a different school during my time as a sub. I did, I'll be honest, the bare minimum and didn't really put myself out there. And even through that, I was able to get a job. Not only is it just a job, it's at the school I wanted and I had only 2 interviews (most people have 4 or 5 before they get hired).

I don't know what I've done to earn this help. I slack on so many important things throughout my life. I just want to publicly acknowledge my gratitude to my Father in Heaven. I've trusted in Him, and He has blessed me. He is truly good and I know that He's helping me, not only get some of the things I want, but He's helping me learn the lessons I need.


I know He blesses us how we need, and not necessarily how we want. I pray for all those who are searching for jobs, especially my teacher friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment