I've been emotional lately and it sucks.
Anyways, yesterday was my nephew Zander's baptism. I was so excited! I love watching the 8 year olds get baptized. They're so excited. Well, we got up and got ready and were driving out to Surprise, where it was being held. Yeah...... we didn't even leave Mesa. When we were on the freeway, the car started sounding funny and the oil light came on. Yep, Eduardo (who was once Diablo) has once again become a pain in the butt. We got off the freeway, checked it out, and called to let them know we wouldn't make it. :( I was sad. Jason didn't get a chance to give his wonderful prepared talk on the Holy Ghost.
Since the car "broke down", we couldn't drive out to Surprise without ruining something and we were already running a little late, so we couldn't have switched vehicles and made it in time, so we headed over to my parents' which we were close to and I helped set up for Alana's baby shower while Jason, my dad, and my grandpa took the car down to the Toyota dealership for them to take a look at. I got to watch Alana open all her gifts and see many of the people that came. When they got back from the dealership, Jason said that the dealership said that we'd been swindled by the mechanic. (I dislike mechanics in general, although my brother-in-law is an exception to that.)
Now, I'm not sure that I believe that entirely, but this whole car thing has been a pain. Maybe I should get a little Vespa scooter thing and drive that around instead. Maybe I'd have better luck with something like that. lol I don't know. But I certainly hope things get better, because I'm really frustrated.
I'm really grateful for my family, though. As we've been dealing with this problem, my parents have let me time and time again use their truck, and for that, I am truly grateful! And my brother-in-law has taken the time to look at the car and to help when we've asked him, too. I am so blessed to have the families I do!
I'm sorry about your car stuff my dear. That's ridiculous, I hope you get it all figured out. When is Alana due?? I could've sworn she'd be done already hahahaha I'm glad you had fun though ;)
ReplyDelete