Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Change

It's hard to imagine, until you're actually at a major turning point in your life, how much things can change.

For the past few months, I've known I was getting married, but getting married and just thinking about what it will be like are two totally different things. My room is kind of packed up. I've got all the pictures off my wall, and it's kind of bare in here, besides the floor which is extremely messy, but yesterday I realized that I'm really going to be leaving. It's weird to think about.

Location is not the only thing that's changing. When you're getting married, apparently people forget about you and what you've done for them for the past while. How much you tried as hard as you could to help them as best you could. When you're getting married, friendships change. I think people who used to be your friends are afraid to talk to you. Why, I have no idea. And I'm not going to dwell on it beyond this, either. Everyone has their agency, and if people want to shut you out of their life because you're in a different stage, that's their choice.

I don't care if others forget me, start to hate me, or choose to remain friends. I've got my (currently "future") husband that is all I ever really need. He treats me with so much love and respect, always wanting to help me, and I want to do all I can to help him. He is amazing, and I'm so lucky to be able to be marrying him.

Did I ever imagine this would happen like it has?
No!

Would I have it any other way?
Definitely not!!

1 comment:

  1. AMEN sister! I'll still be your friend ;) Promise ;)

    ReplyDelete