Alright, so much I want to say, and yet I don't know how to say it. And of course I'm typing this when I should be doing something a little more productive. XD But I figured it was time for an update.
Alright, to start with the reason for the title. XD Funny thing. I was talking to Elder Hale, one of the senior missionary couples at the 'tute', and Bro. Livingstone, one of the teachers greeted Elder Hale with "May the Fourth be with you." And I couldn't help it. XD I responded with "May the Fifth be tomorrow." It was great. XD
I've decided I don't like the end of semesters. It means so much is coming to an end. And this year is the year I look forward to the least. As hard as this semester was, it went by so fast. But I assume that's how it will go from now on. But this year, what's got me down the most, is that the Chesley's will no longer be serving at the Institute. =/ Tomorrow night will be the last time I see them for who knows how long. It makes me sad, because they've been such a big part of the institute experience for me. They've been there for me to talk to when I thought I was alone and had no friends, and even just between classes. They've become an extra set of grandparents. Whenever I see them, I get a hug from both, and they treat me like their own granddaughter. (They call me their adopted "daughter".) I've learned so much from them. I may not apply everything yet, but they've been amazing. Heavenly Father really blessed me through their friendship. I will definitely keep in touch with them.
So now that I got that out of the way, hopefully I'll stop crying. (Yes, that's how much they mean to me.)
This year has really been one of growth so far. I'm starting to make changes that I really wish I would have started sooner. I know what that statement means. :O "OMG COURTNEY IS NOT A PERFECT ANGEL." Just had to get that out. Even I, who appears to be "perfect" has SOOOOOOOO many things to improve, and create habits that will last me a lifetime. I'm just hoping it's not too late for some of them. I'm learning to rely a little more on Heavenly Father, although I've got a long ways to go. My current quote, which I hope will remain up on my mirror after the cleaners come, is from D & C 6:36. It's one that stuck out at me this time through the D & C. It says, "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." Short, and easily memorized, but to me, very powerful.
Anyways, I just thought I'd give a quick update. For all of those that are there for me, I thank you. Even if I don't recognize it or am too wrapped up in my selfishness to notice, I appreciate all that everyone has done for me. It really means a lot.
Hopefully another little update will come in the next day or two. Thanks for reading!
Courtney!! Yay, I'm so glad I found your blog! I am going to miss hearing your beautiful voice every week in Institute choir!!
ReplyDelete