Friday, March 8, 2013

Worst week

I'm sitting here at almost 4 in the morning because the rain woke me up from a very weird dream about Downton Abbey and another part that I can't really remember.

Yesterday was one of the WORST days in my teaching career. And today is looking like it might be as well.

I am an emotional person. Overly emotional. It's not good. Yesterday, something set me off crying and I couldn't stop. Do you know how hard it is to control that when you have 28 students depending on you? It was very close to impossible. Especially after I went to pick them up from music and found out they had messed around for 20 out of 30 minutes. They basically lost their recess because she made them owe 5 minutes and it took time to walk there and back.

All the rest of the day, the same students were talking all day long, which means I get to play musical desks… again. As we were going over their hw for the night, I had finally had it. I looked at the corner that had talked all day and said something I now regret. I told them they made me hate my job. I don't remember if I said them or the talking, but I was not happy. And that touched off another round of tears.

Our 'team' meeting is Thursday after school. We've had some issues which I won't go into, but we've had two teachers at school this week out of four. That means me and my neighbor are the ones carrying our team, and because of that, I know our scores are going to drop significantly this year. Anyways, one shows up for our meeting and tension just mounts until it finally explodes. I wanted to run out of the room to escape.

Today is not looking good. I'm awake because it's raining. I prayed and prayed for it to NOT rain. We are/were supposed to have track and field day today. I got everything done that I needed to yesterday. I have no clue what I'm going to do all day!! The kids may just get worksheets. I don't know what else to do.

So please, pray that at least at school I keep my sanity. Because if I have another day like yesterday, i will probably go insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment