Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Renaissance Festival 2009

Alright, it's been a while, but here is the promised post about the Renaissance Festival.

We (Alana, Mallory, and I) got on our way about 10 am, only to find out the car we were taking had a flat, but we had already driven on it, so that tire was ruined. We then went and spent a good hour at the tire place getting a new tire.

We finally left the shop by 10:15am, and were back to heading on our way. I was keeping Janine up to date, since we were meeting there, as I had all the tickets.

We finally arrived a little before noon and waited for Janine and her hubby. When they arrived, we entered the Faire grounds and our first stop was to get food. Alana and I got turkey legs.... which I decided I'm NEVER eating again. They were amazing, but a pain to eat. After eating, we continued to wander around for the next few hours. One of the last things we did was to watch the jousting tournament at 2:30 pm. I got a parasol just before that. A beautiful blue one. :D...... anyways, tangent. We watched the tournament, which had a Pirates of the Caribbean feel to it. (I blame the drunk pirate. LOL) After that was over, we and Janine split up, and headed our own ways.

So, that's the shortened version of the day. Hopefully pictures will be up soon.

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm pretty much one of the only people on the planet that hasn't ever been to the Renaissance Festival. Nope. Not even for a school field trip.

    But I do hear the chicken legs are good. ;)

    ReplyDelete